1. Please describe the condition you had/general health prior to receiving chiropractic care at Vital Clinic. And how did condition affect your daily life or performance?
I was hit on the head by a tree branch a couple of years back. MRI and CT scans showed no signs of serious injuries. About a month or so after the incident, I felt a severe pain leading from my shoulder to my hand every morning upon waking up. This pain went on for about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Please describe any previous methods of health care you used before coming to Vital Clinic Chiropractic. (medications, therapies, surgeries, etc.) What were the results?
As I was not able to determine the root cause of my pain, I sought treatment from various avenues including traditional massages (Tuina), sports therapy as well as a further MRI scan. After some unsuccessful attempts, I visited Dr Lee through a friend’s recommendation.
2. How has chiropractic care changed your condition and improved your life?
Dr Lee was meticulous in determining the root cause of my pain. He diagnosed that I was suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) from my head injury. His method of diagnosis and treatment were unusual to me. After determining my cause, he used his equipment to treat my pain and at the same time taught me how I could relieve the pain on my own at home by tapping a particular area on my face. Amazingly, my pain disappeared after a couple of days.
- Are you experiencing any other benefits in your life other than a reduction in pain? (for example: Quality of sleep, improved digestion, increased energy, enhanced immunity, etc)?
I decided to continue visiting Dr Lee for my other conditions even after recovering from the pain. He did a thorough examination on my digestive system; it improved tremendously with natural supplements and diet recommendations from him. Besides treating the symptoms, Dr Lee made me realise that the food we eat and how we think and feel are mostly the cause for such pain and symptoms.
3. Why do you think chiropractic care is important even after symptoms are relieved?
I saw chiropractic care through a different lens after visiting Dr Lee. Symptoms and pain at particular areas exist for various reasons. It is vital to determine and treat the root cause such that these symptoms and pain do not resurface. Chiropractic care is really more about natural healing and our long term physical and mental well-being.
4. Additional notes/Comments
I would like to thank Dr Lee for the help rendered. I had recommended a couple of friends and family members to see him and they too benefitted from his sessions. The one thing he truly advocates is self-healing in a natural manner. And it is indeed interesting to learn from him how the mind and body are so intricately connected.
Here is her original testimonial form Written in English.